To apply for any of the jobs you see below, please send a resume to email@example.com or call 902-863-1141 for more information.
2021 SUMMER EMPLOYMENT
We are now accepting applications for our 2021 Summer Employment. The 2021 Summer Opportunities Booklet can be accessed by clicking here. The deadline to apply for summer positions is 3:00pm, April 6, 2021.
We are ALWAYS looking for swim instructors. We will be offering a WSI course this Spring/Summer. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
If you currently hold a Red Cross Swim Instructor certification and wish to join our team, contact us for an employment application. If you wish to become a Swim Instructor and are 15 years of age or older, please call us at 902-863-1141 or email email@example.com to find out more about taking the Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Couse.
The Water Safety Instructor Course focuses on preparing candidates to instruct the Red Cross Swim Programs. Candidates focus on strategies to introduce and develop fitness activities, skills and water safety, and swimming skills in all of the Red Cross Swim Programs.
- Candidates must be 15 years of age or older
- Have completed Swim Kids Level 10 or equivalent
- Have one of the following certifications: Red Cross Assistant Lifeguard, Emergency First Aid or Bronze Cross
Course Outline includes:
- Skills evaluation (able to meet Red Cross Swim Kids Performance Criteria – Swim Kids Level 10)
- On-line component (12-14 hours of on-line training)
- Teaching experience (8 hours of practice teaching)
- Classroom/Pool Component
Free training is available for Antigonish Town & County residents who meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be a resident of the Municipality of the County of Antigonish or the Town of Antigonish;
- Agree to work a minimum of one year as a swim instructor for the Municipality of the County of Antigonish
- 15 years of age;
- Have successfully completed all levels of the Red Cross Swim Program or equivalent.