To apply for any of the jobs you see below, please send a resume to email@example.com or call 902-863-1141 for more information.
pool Door Monitor position
We are now accepting applications for the Door Monitor position at the pool for the 2022 Fall Pool Learn to Swim Program. To view the full job description, please click here. Swim lessons begin on September 16th. To apply, please complete the application form and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are ALWAYS looking for swim instructors. Please contact email@example.com for more information if you are interested in becoming a Swim Instructor!
If you currently hold a Red Cross Swim Instructor/ Lifesaving Swim for Life certification and wish to join our team, contact us for an employment application. If you wish to become a Swim Instructor and are 15 years of age or older, please call us at 902-863-1141 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more about becoming a swim instructor.
The Swim Instructor Course focuses on preparing candidates to instruct the Red Cross Swim/ Lifesaving Swim for Life Programs. Candidates focus on strategies to introduce and develop fitness activities, skills and water safety, and swimming skills.
- Candidates must be 15 years of age or older
- Have completed Swim Kids Level 10 or equivalent
- Have one of the following certifications: Red Cross Assistant Lifeguard, Emergency First Aid or Bronze Cross
Course Outline includes:
- Skills evaluation (able to meet Red Cross Swim Kids Performance Criteria – Swim Kids Level 10)
- On-line component (12-14 hours of on-line training)
- Teaching experience (8 hours of practice teaching)
- Classroom/Pool Component
Free training is available for Antigonish Town & County residents who meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be a resident of the Municipality of the County of Antigonish or the Town of Antigonish;
- Agree to work a minimum of one year as a swim instructor for the Municipality of the County of Antigonish
- 15 years of age;
- Have successfully completed all levels of the Red Cross Swim Program or equivalent.