To apply for any of the jobs you see below, please send a resume to email@example.com or call 902-863-1141 for more information.
Physical Activity Coordinator
Antigonish County Recreation is now accepting applications for a Physical Activity Coordinator for a full time position for a five month term (early December 2019 – April 24, 2020).
2020 Open Gym Supervisor/2020 Open Gym Leader
Antigonish County Recreation is now accepting applications for winter employment for the following positions:
- Open Gym Supervisor
- Open Gym Leader
Please click here for the detailed job description. Deadline for applications is 4:00pm, November 15, 2019.
We are ALWAYS looking for swim instructors.
If you currently hold a Red Cross Swim Instructor certification and wish to join our team, contact us for an employment application. If you wish to become a Swim Instructor and are 15 years of age or older, please call us at 902-863-1141 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more about taking the Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Couse.
The Water Safety Instructor Course focuses on preparing candidates to instruct the Red Cross Swim Programs. Candidates focus on strategies to introduce and develop fitness activities, skills and water safety, and swimming skills in all of the Red Cross Swim Programs.
- Candidates must be 15 years of age or older
- Have completed Swim Kids Level 10 or equivalent
- Have one of the following certifications: Red Cross Assistant Lifeguard, Emergency First Aid or Bronze Cross
Course Outline includes:
- Skills evaluation (able to meet Red Cross Swim Kids Performance Criteria – Swim Kids Level 10)
- On-line component (12-14 hours of on-line training)
- Teaching experience (8 hours of practice teaching)
- Classroom/Pool Component
Free training is available for Antigonish Town & County residents who meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be a resident of the Municipality of the County of Antigonish or the Town of Antigonish;
- Agree to work a minimum of one year as a swim instructor for the Municipality of the County of Antigonish
- 15 years of age;
- Have successfully completed all levels of the Red Cross Swim Program or equivalent.
We are always looking for energetic, enthusiastic individuals to lead our After School Programs. Programs include: Outdoor Recreation, Girls on the Move, Making Tracks Cycling, Paddling, Curling, Mountain Biiking, FunSkills and more!! All training is provided free of charge. If you are interested in joining our team please email us at email@example.com or phone us at 902-863-1141.