To apply for any of the jobs you see below, please send a resume to email@example.com or call 902-863-1141 for more information.
We are ALWAYS looking for swim instructors.
If you currently hold a Red Cross Swim Instructor certification and wish to join our team, contact us for an employment application. If you wish to become a Swim Instructor and are 15 years of age or older, please call us at 902-863-1141 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more about taking the Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Couse.
The Water Safety Instructor Course focuses on preparing candidates to instruct the Red Cross Swim Programs. Candidates focus on strategies to introduce and develop fitness activities, skills and water safety, and swimming skills in all of the Red Cross Swim Programs.
- Candidates must be 15 years of age or older
- Have completed Swim Kids Level 10 or equivalent
- Have one of the following certifications: Red Cross Assistant Lifeguard, Emergency First Aid or Bronze Cross
Course Outline includes:
- Skills evaluation (able to meet Red Cross Swim Kids Performance Criteria – Swim Kids Level 10)
- On-line component (12-14 hours of on-line training)
- Teaching experience (8 hours of practice teaching)
- Classroom/Pool Component
Free training is available for Antigonish Town & County residents who meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be a resident of the Municipality of the County of Antigonish or the Town of Antigonish;
- Agree to work a minimum of one year as a swim instructor for the Municipality of the County of Antigonish
- 15 years of age;
- Have successfully completed all levels of the Red Cross Swim Program or equivalent.
BEFORE AND AFTER SCHOOL PRE-PRIMARY PROGRAM LEADER
Antigonish County Recreation is seeking a responsible enthusiastic and organized individual to provide leadership for the Before and After School Pre-Primary Program at East Antigonish Education Centre. This is a part-time position starting January, 2019 to June, 2019. Please click here for the job ad. For a full job description, click here.
OPEN GYM RECREATION LEADERS
Open Gym Sunday Program: January 20th – March 31st (2019). The program will provide spaces for families and youth to drop in, free of charge and have an opportunity to play. Recreation staff are required to be on site to welcome youth and families and assist participants in getting active and having fun! These sessions are unstructured and require no ‘lesson’ plan or organized activities. Please click here for a job description.
We are always looking for energetic, enthusiastic individuals to lead our After School Programs. Programs include: Outdoor Recreation, Girls on the Move, Making Tracks Cycling, Paddling, Curling, Mountain Biiking, FunSkills and more!! All training is provided free of charge. If you are interested in joining our team please email us at email@example.com or phone us at 902-863-1141.